Drunk & Impaired Driving Statistics
- 14% of probationers each year are supervised for a DWI offense
- There are 1 million new DWI arrests each year in the U.S.
- DWI is the third most common offense in the U.S., behind drug offenses and theft
- 71% of alcohol-involved traffic fatalities involve a driver with a BAC greater than .15
- 1/3 of convicted DWI offenders in community corrections are repeat offenders; 2/3 of those in jail or prison are repeat offenders
WHAT IS AN FR44
A DUI conviction in the State of Florida will require an FR44 Insurance Policy with 100/300/50 Coverage. You must generally keep this policy in force for 3 years from your conviction date.
OWNER VS NON-OWNER
Simply put, if you need a vehicle listed on your policy, you 'll get a Florida FR44 Owner Policy. If you don't, you'll get a Non-Owner policy. Both come with the required 100/300/50 coverage.